DIY Home Remedy for Dandruff and Dry Itchy Scalp




I just wanted to share a quick DIY recipe for dandruff that I have been loving this winter as my scalp became dry and flaky due to the harsh winter weather.  I started noticing flakes of dead skin throughout my hair which was not very appealing so I tried out this natural remedy and it worked with ONE use!  I was left with a clear scalp and no more itching or flaking, this is a great overall hair treatment for dry and damaged hair.  Results may vary depending on hair type.

Lets get started!


You will need:


- 1 Egg yolk only (do not add the egg white for this recipe)

- 2 teaspoons honey 
- 2 teaspoon of an oil of your choice (I used 1 tsp avocado oil and 1 tsp almond oil) you can also use olive, coconut, castor or any other oil.

Mix all 3 ingredients together into a paste and apply directly onto your scalp and ends of hair.  If you have any left over you can apply this to the rest of your hair, but you want most of the product to be on your scalp.  Leave on for at least 1 hour.  I tend to leave this on for 4-5 hours.


This mixture will nourish and hydrate your scalp without any harsh chemicals or reactions.


Wash with warm (not hot) water and shampoo and condition as usual and enjoy! 


If you have tried this out please leave a comment below of your experience with this recipe to share with others.

No comments