NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo
















 

 Overview - This is a matte lip cream with the coverage of a lipstick.  The product applies like thin cream and feels almost like silicone when it is wet.  It applies smooth and evenly over the lips and feels creamy when you rub your lips together.  After about 15-20 minutes the product dries to a complete matte finish.  It retails for $6 on the NYX website and comes in 22 shades. I was able to wear this lip cream for 6 hours before needing to touch up which is great for me considering I was eating and drinking throughout the day.  I have very dry skin and lips and usually matte lip products really dry my lips out, this lip cream did not do that.  

NYX describes this as "Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing." 

I definitely agree with the fact that it is not like a lipstick nor a lip gloss, the feel of this lip cream is completely different.  It is very light weight unlike lipsticks.

Check out this lip cream  on the NYX website HERE 


Pros
 - Does do accentuate dry areas of the lips
- True to color and very pigmented
- has no scent
- comes in 22 shades
- When the product dries, it does not transfer
- Does not immediately dry out lips like most matte lip products do
- Very light weight, does not feel like a lipstick
- long wearing 

Cons
- I honestly have no cons for this product! 

Swatches : I took a picture every hour after application for 6 hours.  After 6 hours I did feel like I needed to touch up since the product was starting to wear off,  but my lips were not dried up like they usually get after wearing a matte lipstick for that long.  






NOTE: The color of the lip cream did not change, the first few pics are in natural lighting while the rest are in indoor lighting.  



Overall I really love this product and will definitely purchase more shades.  NYX has once again launched an amazing product with such an affordable price.  The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented and do not dry the lips out.  Amazing!!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more reviews!!

My grade : 98/100


Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me entirely and my review is my own honest opinion.  


No comments