Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation





Here is what Rimmel claims about this foundation:


1. A feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy. 
2. Delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish. 
3. Minimizes the appearance of pores. 

This foundation is available in 8 shades below.  I am in the shade 200 Soft beige.  It is 1 fl oz and costs anywhere from $4.99 - $5.49 depending on where you buy it

Are the claims true?
Yes.  All three claims listed above are true.  As soon as I applied the foundation I noticed how lightweight and easily blend-able it was.  Although I do not have very large pores to begin with, this foundation instantly not only minimized, but diminished the look of my pores completely, and gave me a soft airbrushed finish.  I love how this foundation feels on the skin, very light weight, no cakey heavy makeup feeling that most people fear of when they hear of a mousse foundation.  Now keep in mind that is is a liquid mousse foundation, so it is not supposed to be supper heavy.  

Coverage
I would say this foundation has a medium-full coverage definitely build-able.  On my skin i only need to cover some broken capillaries around my nose and along my jaw line.    

On Dry skin?
I can see this foundation being great on oily skin, however even on my dry skin it works great.  I use a moisture underneath and find that the foundation applies best with my fingers as its consistency is a bit on the thicker side.  I usually have to set my foundations with powder, but this one does not need any powder.  Apart from my under eye area which tends to get shiny, I did not need to set this foundation with any powder, as it already has a matte/natural finish.  Which is rare because I always need to set my foundations.  

Lasting power
This foundation lasts all day!  It looks the same even after 8 hours and would probably last longer but i usually just tend to wear my face makeup for around 8 hours everyday.  Even blush applied on top of this foundation lasts all day whereas on other foundations my blush usually wears off.  

Cons
The only downside I would say would be the shade range.  There is not much variety in the shade collection, I did get lucky however with the shade Sand Beige which has a great undertone not too pink or yellow.  

Verdict
Overall I LOVE this foundation, its great for all skin types and can be worn year round.  It does not dry out my skin or accentuate any dry patches on my skin.  I highly recommend this product to all

No comments