Tested: Korean Skincare Products




Korean products are the new rage.  With newer products introduced everyday to the American skincare market, I was tempted to try some out for myself.  Since my dry skin cannot handle most of the cleansers in the drugstore market, I was looking for something that would not make my face feel tight after every wash.  So I can across the Tony Moly Banana Cream Foam Cleanser on Amazon and decided to purchase it.

I have been using this cleanser for months now and really like it.  It has an awesome banana laffy taffy scent which is nice.  The consistency is thick and creamy and it lathers very well.  This cleanser does not leave my skin dry which I'm sure my skin appreciates.  The only drawback to this cleanser is its ability to remove mascara.  I read a review on amazon claiming this cleanser was a dupe for Philosophy's Purity Cleanser which is my all-time favorite because of its ability to simply melt off makeup.



I did not find that the Banana Foam Cleanser had the same effect on my eye makeup.  It took a bit more rubbing to remove mascara, so I remove my eye makeup before using this.  The cleanser does however clean my skin and pore well enough to remove all trace of makeup.  I tested this using a makeup wipe after washing my face and found no leftover makeup on my skin.  I really would recommend this cleanser for everyone with dry skin because it cleans well without stripping the skin dry and without leaving a film behind.

Next I was looking for a serum to incorporate into my skincare routine and came across the Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule by Mizon.  Ampoule basically means glass vial.  The packaging feels luxurious and is made of thick glass with a dropper.  The product is clear and has a watery texture.  It absorbs quickly into the skin leaving behind some light moisture.  You get 1 oz of fragrance-free product.  This serum left my skin feeling plump and slightly hydrated, but the biggest difference I saw was that it evened out my skin tone a great deal within the first 5 uses.  I would highly recommend this product for anyone with acne scars because this product has the ability to lighten and even out the skin.  I enjoyed using this serum and would definitely repurchase.


No comments