Review: NYX Total Control Foundation Drops


 I was really excited when foundation drops hit the drugstore.  I had been eyeing the Cover FX custom drops but really did not want to spend the $44 dollars.  So when NYX came out with these drops I was really eager to try them.  

About my skin:

I have dry skin, rarely get acne, no acne scars, and not sensitive.  I do however have broken capillaries and mild rosacea around my cheeks and nose that I need coverage for.   


Price and Quantity

These foundation drops retail for $14 and you get .43 fl. Oz. Compared to most drugstore foundations that come in 1 fl. oz.  I bought mine at target. 

Shade

I picked up the shade True Beige.  This shade had a very yellow undertone and I usually prefer neutral undertones.  There are a total of 24 shades, ranging from a pale shade with yellow undertone to a Tan shade with pink undertone.  However the darkest shade isn't very dark.  

Packaging

It comes in a matte glass bottle and has a dropper inside.  Feels expensive and high end.


Consistency

The drops are very thin and watery and blend very easily with a synthetic brush, natural haired brush and a sponge as well.  For the most coverage I used a thick synthetic foundation brush. 

Claims + Review+ Swatches

 The NYX foundation drops claim to provide full coverage in just 4 drops.  Unfortunately that was not the case with me.  I used a total of 12-15 drops for medium coverage on my entire face.  Used alone, the drops do not provide much coverage.  When I used it with my L’Oreal Pro-Glow and Loreal Lumi foundations I loved the result, I had full coverage and it did not alter the finishes of the foundations I used it with.  Both alone and when mixed the NYX foundation drops held up very well throughout the day and did not cling to any of my dry patches.  They felt very light weight alone, almost like bare skin.  I would highly recommend the NYX foundation drops to be used with other foundations to increase coverage.  If used alone you may end up finishing up the bottle way too soon.  







No comments